This jacket was gifted to me by smita aunt on may 5, 2011, At that time she just brought it from USA. Today, 8 years and 105 days later, I am retiring it. I know it’s just an ordinary jacket- just like all my other clothes. But I have, what some people may call, an unhealthy relationship with my clothes. For instance, I still haven’t forgiven my mother for throwing away my childhood quilt which had letters of the alphabet and clowns leaning off of each letter.
But this jacket had gotten used to important days and, in what can only be described as freak coincidence or utter superstition, the jacket, whenever worn, made important things happen. I remember wearing it when I did my 1st trek, when I told my only-ever roommate that I will be moving out to live on my own, when I resigned from an internship I hated, and when I tried fire paan for the first time.
Today as I wore it for the last time, I hoped for one last extraordinary day. No new job or
love at first sight or anything, but a more than normal day to bid this jacket the farewell it deserves.
This old faithful delivered one last time. There were four roses in full bloom in my balcony garden, I met a new dog who is definitely friends with me now and met a man who talks to elephants - more on that later.
This jacket has more than merely covered my back, I strongly feel it has my back. Over these years, if I have tried to achieve something, it is to find the extraordinary in what seems mundane. Be it a fleeting moment of playfulness with a puppy or a garden rose in full bloom or this jacket. Things are only special when you make them special.
In my thinking mind, I know I am giving this piece of cloth too much importance. I know for a fact that this is, like every other jacket I have, an ordinary jacket. But in that same mind, there is a voice that knows - this jacket was gifted.
Gourish
20/8/2019..
But this jacket had gotten used to important days and, in what can only be described as freak coincidence or utter superstition, the jacket, whenever worn, made important things happen. I remember wearing it when I did my 1st trek, when I told my only-ever roommate that I will be moving out to live on my own, when I resigned from an internship I hated, and when I tried fire paan for the first time.
Today as I wore it for the last time, I hoped for one last extraordinary day. No new job or
This old faithful delivered one last time. There were four roses in full bloom in my balcony garden, I met a new dog who is definitely friends with me now and met a man who talks to elephants - more on that later.
This jacket has more than merely covered my back, I strongly feel it has my back. Over these years, if I have tried to achieve something, it is to find the extraordinary in what seems mundane. Be it a fleeting moment of playfulness with a puppy or a garden rose in full bloom or this jacket. Things are only special when you make them special.
In my thinking mind, I know I am giving this piece of cloth too much importance. I know for a fact that this is, like every other jacket I have, an ordinary jacket. But in that same mind, there is a voice that knows - this jacket was gifted.
Gourish
20/8/2019..

Nice brother
ReplyDelete